Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Ready for Development!
Area MapsView Map
Home Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur looking for resources to help with your business, the below organizations have been established with you in mind! These institutions feature many resources to help with business plan development, marketing, inventory control, feasibility studies, etc.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Get “plugged in” to the business environment by attending Chamber networking events such as Business After Hours, and Lunch and Learn seminars.
Participate in Chamber projects and events like the Chamber Golf Tournament, Annual Dinner, Reverse Raffle, Meet the Candidates, and more. You’ll work side-by-side with area business leaders.
From seminars to business counseling, the Chamber can help you “grow” your business. Members’ only opportunities include:
- Advertising and promotion opportunities in Chamber publications and at Chamber functions. Reach a select audience of potential customers.
- Access to special business information, training programs
- Free listing on the Chamber’s website with a free link to your business.
SMALL BUSINESS CENTER @ ISOTHERMAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
The Small Business Center at Isothermal Community College is designed to help individuals looking to start or grow a business. They offer a wide variety of seminars as well as many online resources such as:
- Business Plans
- Market Research
- Licenses & Permits
- Business / Legal Structure
- Business Publications
Contact: Faye Bishop, Director, Small Business Center
Phone: (828) 395-1667
BUSINESS LINK NORTH CAROLINA
Business Link North Carolina (BLNC) is a division of the NC Department of Commerce that works closely with federal, state and local agencies, as well as non-profit organizations, to provide you with information needed to start, grow and support your business in North Carolina.
BLNC counselors provide:
- One-on-one client consultations at no cost
- Customized licensing information
- Employer and business structure forms
- Referrals to State Agencies and State Occupational Licensing Boards, Local Governments & Federal Agencies
- Referrals to Local, State & Federal business services, programs & resources
- A Small Business Ombudsman to work on your behalf to resolve issues with State Government Agencies
Call BLNC toll-free at 1 (800) 228-8443 or (919) 807-4280, Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm EST. A Business Counselor will discuss your needs and help you find the appropriate resources to accomplish your goals.
SMALL BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The SBTDC helps established firms, high-growth companies, and start-up businesses meet today's challenges, manage change, and plan for the future. They provide well defined confidential management counseling designed to meet a diverse range of client needs, as well as educational services to small and mid-sized businesses in all of North Carolina's 100 counties.
In addition, they offer specialized market development assistance in government procurement, international business development and exporting, and technology development and commercialization. Again, these specialized services are specifically designed to aid growing companies in expanding their markets and increasing competitiveness.
SBTDC Western Regional Office
46 Haywood St. Suite 212
Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: (828) 251-6025